Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I Just Had To........

As soon as I saw this video I just had to blog about it. I first found out about Eric Whitacre when I saw the TED talk he gave last year (back when I was nerdy enough to want to follow the TED podcast...) but I've really liked choral music for much longer. I think it was probably Lord Of The Rings which got me into it, with it's haunting songs throughout the Rivendell and Lothlorien scenes among others, but this guy's music was something else entirely. Basically he had the idea to get people to submit video auditions to YouTube to be part of his 'Virtual Choir' which he then downloaded, cleaned the audio, and stitched together with some nice rendering. In the TED talk Whitacre said he was kinda amazed when something resembling music actually came out! This is the resulting video


Then last year came version 2.0. Even more jaw-dropping and ear-popping (I mean that in a good way!!!) than the first.


And so now I've been waiting a year for the third one. (You did watch those other videos right???) It does not disappoint...



To clarify this is the one I was referring to at the top of this post.

This has turned into a major geekmoment..........

6 comments:

  1. OH MY WOW!! That's like major cool!!! :O :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait, did you say waiting for a year?! lol Such a nerd :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um...... from major cool to such a nerd? *sigh* Female emotions.....

      Delete
  3. Playing them all at once is surprisingly not terrible :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bro, these are straight up epic

    ReplyDelete