Friday, July 2, 2010

On Song Writing and Song Transcriptions .....

I meant to post this on Wednesday evening but never got around to it. I was going to explain the exact whats and whys of the songs I'm currently playing but it's rather long and not very interesting unless you're me :) so instead I'm going to talk about my latest project. The song at the top of the list marked 'Untitled'.

So what is that?

For a while I've wanted to try and actually write some music of my own. As much as playing music is cool writing music sounds so much cooler but every time I sit down to start I muck around with a couple of chord progressions, decide it sounds boring, and 5 minutes later hear the same progression in one of my favourite songs where it sounds really awesome.

So eventually me and my friend Jesse decided to get together to write a song. We've got quite a few good chord progressions together for verses, a pre-chorus, and a chorus and we've written words for a verse and a half so far. It's coming along well and I'll keep you up to date with it as we work on it.

On another note: I've been scouring the internet for an accurate transcription of Uprising but haven't been able to find one so I'm doing it myself. When it's finished I'll upload it here. It will have both the actual melody and my interpretation in manuscript and chords so keep an eye out for it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment