Friday, November 18, 2011

Fail and Some Wins

So as you can probably see by scrolling a short way down this page about 6 months (-ish) ago I decided to come back from my unexpected "blog hiatus". And as you can see by the 1 post since then it ... ahh ... yeah. So a bit of a fail there. But I've been busy with uni, work, music, and even helping set up a youth council! So a few wins there.


And now I'm not sure how to carry that on so I'll add a few random thoughts to the end of this post to make it a bit more substantial.

  1. I haven't been listening to much of the hard rock or metal on my ipod recently. My playlist has been more along the lines of Chopin, Enya, The Rocket Summer, The Fray, Sigur Ros and an overall mix of soft rock, easy listening, and classical. If anything heavy came up on shuffle I would skip it without hesitating. But since my last exam on Monday I've noticed Red, Underoath, Muse, and other hard and fast tracks have been creeping back in. When I realised it I found it slightly amusing.
  2. Remember that 30 day song challenge thing that went around Facebook earlier in the year? I ended up falling behind a bit and never finished it but I've been considering doing it on my Tumblr. I just need to figure out what my favourite song is and trust me that is not an easy task for someone who's Top Rated playlist in iTunes has about 2/3 of the library in it! Watch this space.
  3. I'm learning the first song in this clip now. The arrangement is not exactly the same but is similar and I can't play it at anything like this speed yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment